With a sound foothold in traditional Knowledge of Raagdari, Pooja’s Ghazal & Sufi compositions leave an indelible impression because of the energy that emanates from her consistent search for true & living expressions. Pooja is B.Com graduate from R A
Podar College, at present is learning Sufi & Ghazals from Ustad Munnwar Masoom Sayeed Khan. She was indeed fortunate to have been honed classical vocal under the tutelage of Late Pandit S.C.R. Bhat, one of the great classical vocal virtuoso of Agra Gharana & also from his disciples Shri. Raja Upasani & Smt. Suniti Gangoli.
Pooja is groomed in light classical by Shri. Vikas Bhatwadekar, Smt. Dhanashri Pandit Rai, Shri. Lalji Desai, Shri. Santosh Kudva, Swamy Chaitanya Swaroopji of Shree Vallabh Sangeet Vidyalaya, Sion, Mumbai.
Pooja is also mastering in Harmonium playing from Pandit Tulsidas, Borkar. She has been trained by Ustad Ibrahim Durvesh for her Urdu pronunciation which appeals to literate audience. She has also taken guidance from Javed Ahemed Sakhi, NCPUL & Sahab Hasan.
With a blessed voice and gifted ability, Pooja comfortably draws attention well of dedication & passion.
Pooja’s Recent Achievements ……
Few Upcoming Events
- Recipient of “SUR JYOTSNA NATIONAL MUSIC AWARD” on 22 March 2015 and felicitated by CM of Maharashtra for the “outstanding emerging talent”.
- Pooja performed at Mijwan Fashion Show organized by Shabana Azmi & Fashion designer Manish Malhotra on 4 April 2015.
- A Gold Medalist at the State, Zonal & National level representing Mumbai University for the year 2013.
- Performed at "Rooh - e - Begum Akhtar" concert held at Kamani Auditorium, Delhi organized by Sangeet Natak Academi in
- Recently got her Ghazal album "Ehsaas Ki Khushboo" out through "Times Music" released by Pankaj Udhas Ji.
Following are the two singles from the same
- Interviewed by Dr Uday Nirgudkar for Zee 24 Taas for Diwali Special episode "Surmayi Diwali 2015"
Youtube Link :- https://youtu.be/oI7bLS1r8_4
- Gold Medalist in singing event organized by Jamila Millia Islamia University, Delhi in Feb 2013.
- Reciepent of the prestigious Heera Manek Award for the most promising young ghazal and sufi singer.
- Performed at NITTR, Bhopal and also at Benaras remembering Ustad Bismillah Khan “Yaad-e-Bismillah” as well as prestigious
Nizami Club, Hyderabad.
- Performed at NCPUL, Delhi on International world Urdu Conference day in presence of renowned Urdu Poets.
- Pooja has performed at the most prestigious classical festival in memory of Late. Sangeet Samrat Alladiyan Khan in 2015.
- Performed at famous “Thane Festival 2015”
- Pooja has performed live in concert at Sur Singar Samsad, Bhavans Cultural Centre, Andheri, Suburban Music circle, IMG at St. Xaviers Colledge; Dadar Matunga Cultural Centre and also at the recognized ghazal festival “KHAZANA” which is organized by Padmashri Pankaj Udhas and Talat Aziz. Pooja was also complimented by Shri. L. K. Advani, Smt. Durga Jasraj, Mrs. Najma Heptulla, Regional Manager of Pakistan
Airlines; Late Jagjit Singhji for her profound Urdu pronunciation.
- Pooja has also performed in the Programme called “Ghazal ka ek Safar” produced by Shri Gyan Seth for Door Darshan at Delhi.”
- Gold medalist for Ghazal for a T V Show organized by Smt Ila Arun on D D Urdu.
- Sang for a jingle “Mahi Dudh” saurashtra created by Shri Ameen Sayani.
- Developed a concept named "Rangreza - Shades of sufi kalaam”
1. Two Sufi singles under prestigious music label HMV SareGaMa to be released soon.
2. Sung a playback qawali for upcoming Marathi Flim Mumbai Time which will be released in January 2016.
3. Performing on 8th Jan 2016 at the world recognized Bhendi Bazar Festival organized by Urdu Markaz and prestigious ghazal bahar on 15th & 16th Jan 2016